Milngavie & Bearsden Herald
It’s published by Johnston (Falkirk), the original company behind nationwide publishers of local newspapers Johnston Press. The editorial offices were based in Milngavie until April 2013, but moved to Kirkintilloch towards the end of the month.
It was founded in 1901 as the Milngavie Herald and Bearsden, Temple, and New Kilpatrick Press, only to change title within two months to the Milngavie Herald and Maryhill, Bearsden, Temple, and New Kilpatrick Advertiser. It settled on its present title just a year after its foundation, in September 1902.
Rather unusually, until recently there were two websites – one for each town, with differing content – although there was only one edition of the newspaper. However, the Bearsden site has now closed, and the URL now redirects to the Milngavie site. A companion freesheet, the Bearsden and Milngavie Extra, closed in 2011.
It comes out on Fridays.
- Milngavie & Bearsden Herald
11 Dalrymple Court
KIRKINTILLOCH
G66 3AA
- 0141 956 2314
- 0141 956 7096